To say that Ellen & Conor's wedding was a fairy-tale story would be an understatement. It was the kind of day still talked about in awe and admiration, even now after they have been married for several months.
This couple had a dream and a vision for their special day, and unfortunately due to the pandemic, they were tasked with moving their wedding across the country! It was then ours and their wonderfully talented team of vendors to bring their vision to life despite the many challenges that faced us.
The bride walked down the aisle to her groom in her gown made by Lela Rosa, a New York City-based American fashion designer. The ceremony celebrated their love with family and friends who traveled from all over to attend this eventful occasion.
The entire wedding and reception were held outside of Ellen's childhood home in Dallas, Texas. Ellen and Conor did not have a theme; they used the power of contrast to significant effect, using bright colors against a backdrop of black and white.
The reception was held further back from the house, with three white king tables positioned along the rolling lawn, framed by stately trees on the premises. The tableware, chairs, glassware, and architectural paper accents were all uniform, while the dinnerware and floral arrangements ranged in a broad palette of bright colors.
The table settings were colorful, with candles and flowers that matched. Beautiful blush and yellow-colored place settings were popular among the other guests. With black cutlery and modern menu cards, all lighthearted tabletop hues appeared quite elegant next to ebony flatware.
The reception features a self-serve beverage station that served bottled beer, fruit-infused water, and various sparkling water options. The drinks were showcased in hammered stainless steel beverage buckets.
The bar featured a top-shelf package with custom-selected beers like Pacifico, Stella Artois, and Shiner Bock. Top-shelf spirits like Tito's vodka, Jack Daniels, Bacardi Rum, Dewar's scotch and Cuervo Silver Tequila.
Wine and Champagne were supplied by the bride and groom, including Veuve, VGS Chardonnay, Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, and VGS Zinfandel.
Cocktail hour features passed appetizers, including:
● Mini Crab Cakes with Remoulade
● Crostini with Truffled Wild Mushrooms
● Beef Tenderloin Brochette with Horseradish Cream and Scallions
● Burrata Tartlet with Heirloom Tomatoes and Balsamic Grilled Peach
● Mini Latkes with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraiche, and Caviar topped with Fresh Dill
Each of the beautifully decorated tables was set up with a Fresh Baguette with Salted Butter, Rosemary Garlic Focaccia, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil & a Balsamic Reduction.
Vestals provided tableside wine service during dinner that featured four courses.
● Wine: 2018 G.D. Vajra Langhe Riesling
● Personal Mini Cheese and Charcuterie Boards
● Chef Selected Cheeses: Midnight Moon by Cypress Grove, Tillamook Cheddar, Brie Wedge
● Charcuterie: Jamon Iberico, Marinated Olives, Spiced Nuts, Fresh Strawberries, Lavash, and Crostini
● Wine: G.D. Vajra Langhe Riesling Petracine 2018, Barolo, Italy
● Dish: Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Shaved Fennel, Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice, Cracked Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Drizzle
● Wine: Native Flora 'The Heretic' Pinot Noir 2016, Dundee Hill, Oregon
● Dish: Spinach Artichoke Ravioli with Basil Infused Oil topped with Chopped Chives
● Wine: Piazza Del Dotto Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, Napa Valley, California
● Dish: Overnight Braised Beef Short Rib with Potato Timbale and Petite Roasted Vegetables
● Vegetarian Entrée: Roasted Spring Vegetable Wellington with Potato Timbale and Petite Roasted Vegetables
● Wine: Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose NV, Mareuil-Sur-Ay, France
● Dish: Vanilla Crème Brûlée topped with Fresh Berries
Dinner was accompanied by music from the wedding band. The bride and groom danced to "What Is Life" by George Harrison. The band played throughout the night, closing with a rendition of 'Proud Mary.’
Make Your Event as Elegant as You Want
At Vestals Catering, we are dedicated to using the highest-quality products and ingredients possible, which is why we purchase seasonally, support locally, and back what we serve. We are the premier caterer in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Whether you need wedding catering, social event catering, corporate event catering, or nonprofit catering, Vestals has you covered.
There's one thing that unites people across a broad range of situations: excellent cuisine. But, just as no two persons are alike, no two occasions are comparable. With this in mind, we work collaboratively with you to discover and meet your precise catering demands. Our team of specialists is eager to serve you! We will take the time and care to ensure your event will be even better than you imagined.
Visit vestalscatering.com to learn more about our services.